Call for Art “Lit & Legit” - Salem Arts will be accepting art for an exhibit titled “Lit & Legit”. This exhibit will celebrate the talents of local teens ages 14-19 from Salem High School, nAGLY, the Plummer Home, and other Salem youth organizations who wish to participate.
Awards will be presented at the reception on May 7
· Drop Off: Sunday, April 30, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Monday, May 1, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
· Notification of inclusion/exclusion: Notification by email by Wednesday May 3, 2017. We will attempt to accept as many submissions as possible based on space available, presentation, and quality standards.
· Opening Reception: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
· Exhibition Dates: May 7 - May 28, 2017
Gallery Hours are every Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
· Pick Up Artwork: Sunday, May 28, 5:00 – 8:00 pm, Monday May 29, 2017 5:00 – 8:00 pm.
Submission Criteria: Each artist may submit a maximum of two (2) pieces of artwork, in a variety of mediums 2–D & 3–D, for this collaborative exhibition. Submission fees will be WAIVED for this exhibit. Completed submission form must accompany all submitted art.
Submission Form: Complete the submission form, provide all required information requested, and follow instructions on the form. Printed copies must be provided with your artwork.
Rules & Regulations:
· All hanging pieces need to have a secure wire-hanging device attached to the back (saw-tooth hangers NOT allowed).
· No wet paint will be accepted for display.
· All 3-D artwork and assemblages should be able to stand alone or secured to a base, prop or framed without loose pieces.
· Large works must be able to fit through a doorway. Please discuss heavy works with the Gallery Committee before delivering to the gallery.
Sales: Sales will be handled by the Salem Arts Gallery Shop. A Commission of 20% of the selling price is required of the Artist and will be subtracted from the price before payment. Payment of 80% of the selling price will be issued to the artist by check sixty (60) days.
Participants in this exhibition are not subject to volunteer requirements.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.