CALL FOR ART
Salem Arts Association is excited to kick-off our 2017 exhibition schedule with a showcase of our member artwork. All current Salem Arts members are invited to bring on your best work. Lets show the community what we have to offer in all of our diverse styles and artistic disciplines.
Gallery Shop Information
For our Grand Opening we also have a new Gallery Shop to present our member's retail items. Please help us stock the shop with your items for sale. No items should be priced above $200 to keep the shop affordable.
Our initial take in will be...
- Friday, February 24 from 5-7 PM
- Saturday, February 25 from 12-2 PM
- Sunday, February 26 from 12-2 PM
A Call for Art will be happening every 60 days moving forward after our initial Shop setup to refresh the inventory and all Artists will be notified to bring in new artwork and to remove/replace any & all older artwork.
No artwork for the Gallery Shop should be priced at more than $200.00.
All Artists are required to have a 1-2 page Artist Bio/Statement at the time of submission.
ALL Artists who display are required to volunteer 3+ hours/month for the Salem Arts Association. To find volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com. Or visit our Gallery Volunteer page for more info.
Any artwork of over 60-day residence and not picked up/replaced by the Artist will be removed to an unsecured basement storage where it will be disposed after 14 days.
Members may submit the following for the Gallery Shop:
- 5 pcs. of framed artwork or wall hanging (20”x24” maximum size)**
- 10 pcs. of stand-alone jewelry, ceramic, pottery, glass, sculpture or wearables.
- 15 pcs. of matted prints, cards, or publications.
- Individual cards or boxes of cards will need their own display case and the Artist will need to discuss with the Gallery Shop Chair before leaving that artwork.*
Inventory sheets will need to be filled out and updated when entering or removing artwork
(blank copies will also be available in the gallery.)
Please bring a liberal supply of business cards.
**The Gallery Shop will make every attempt to give equal display to all artwork accepted. However, it is a juried decision on acceptable art and will also depend on space available.